Occlusal Guard Care
Our Occlusal Guards are fabricated from a strong biocompatible nylon thermoplastic. Taking care of your new Occulsal Guard is very easy. In order to keep your Occlusal Guard looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple recommendations:
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth and gums as directed by your dentist.
- Clean your Occlusal Guard daily to prevent plaque build-up. Simply rinse it under warm running water for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute in order to remove any saliva and food particles prior to brushing it in clean water.
- With a soft toothbrush, brush your Occlusal Guard using a mild soap. Rinse again.
- DO NOT use bleach toothpaste or harsh chemicals as these may scratch or effect the surface of your Occlusal Guard.
- For optimal results, once a week, use an effervescent denture cleaner which kills bacteria and removes stains safely. Make sure that it is not a bright colored liquid that can stain the appliance.
- When you are not wearing it, keep your Occlusal Guard in it's case.
- Please handle your Occlusal Guard with care.
- Please remember to keep your animals away from your Occlusal Guard. They love to chew on it.
- It takes time to adjust to your new Occlusal Guard. Be patient.
- We adjusted your Occlusal Guard at delivery, but if you feel your bite is uneven, or your teeth become sore after wearing, discontinue wearing and call our office. Never try to make any adjustments yourself.
- Make sure to return for your 1 month check appointment.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE @ 517-223-3779.
Click the Services below for more information on each subject.
Click the Technologies below for more information on each subject.
Click the Post Op below for more information on each subject.